Myconate

Myconate contains the biologically active isoflavone (formononetin), which is a natural signalling compound produced in the roots of most plants.Myconate, when released into the soil, has two main functions which are to attract and stimulate Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi (AMF) and Phosphate Solubilising Bacteria (PSB).

Plant roots naturally secrete compounds to attract beneficial micro-organisms in the soil. These micro-organisms give the plant more access to nutrients and water. Myconate increases the speed and extent of colonisation of the plant’s roots. Therefore trees can be established faster and produce higher yields.

SKU: Myconate Category:

Description

Background

What are arbuscular mycorrihizal fungi “AMF”?

When a plant’s roots and mycorrihizal fungi form a relationship, the association between them is known as a symbiotic relationship. The relationship benefits both the plant and the fungi: the plant manufactures sugars through photosynthesis and these sugars feed the fungi; the fungi enable better access to soil nutrients and water for the plants, thus helping to feed the plant. The fungi also contribute to protecting the plant’s roots from soil pathogens.

What are phosphate-solubilising bacteria (PSB)?

AMF work closely with phosphate solubilising bacteria (PSB) to increase a plant’s phosphorus uptake and to protect its roots: PSB help make it phosphorus available to AMF so that AMF can feed the plant.

How does Myconate work?

Myconate’s active ingredients is the same signalling compound that the plant roots release into the soil. A new tree secretes carbohydrates, proteins and other compounds into the soil to stimulate, attract and feed specific beneficial fungi and bacteria. When released into the soil, Myconate has exactly these main functions: to attract AMF and to simulate PSB. This unique patented technology has been proven to increase the speed and extent of AMF colonisation of plant roots.

Myconate as a technology is especially useful in establishing new trees faster.    

It penetrates the soil more deeply than a tree’s roots ca, attracting beneficial fungi native to the soil across a larger area than normal and stimulating more PSB. Myconate enables new trees to build up a positive relationship with the correct beneficial organisms that protect it and increase nutrient and water uptake from an earlier stage.

Myconate also mitigates the effects of agricultural methods

These may be harmful to micro-organisms in the soil. Fumigation, sterilisation of growing media and even tilling not only reduce harmful soil pathogens but also hurt beneficial micro-organisms. More than 80% of the mycorrihizal fungi population can be damaged by tilling the soil. Another harsh practice is to leave the soil fallow, with no host plant growing between seasons. This prevents AMF from obtaining sugars from host plants and populating them.

Studies have shown that Myconate reduces tree morality, increases yields in production tree, assist with drought tolerance and reduces soil diseases in the plant. By harnessing the power of the complex living system of organism in the soil food web, farmers’ crops can benefit from better soil structures, salt tolerance and protection against an ever-changing environment.

Effects of using Myconate

After nitrogen, phosphorus is the second most important nutrient for the growth of plants. The element is predicted to be unavailable by the year 2050, meaning prices are going to escalate at a phenomenal rate in the coming years. Farmers need to start improving the quality of their soil by building up natural micro-organisms now so they can harness phosphorus more effectively. Myconate stimulates beneficial bacteria, and these PSB significantly assist in the release of insoluble inorganic phosphate. The phosphorus is thus available to AMF, which pass it on the plant.

The impact of AMF on the potential reduction of phosphorus consumption is substantial. Phosphorus is a non-renewable but essential chemical element for plants. Most agricultural plants can absorb only 15% of the phosphorus fertiliser applied: the remaining unused 85% leads to a massive excess in fertilisation costs. It also causes contamination of water sources.

Some crops like macadamias do not enjoy chemical fertilisers: they need a natural source of phosphorus – which mycorrihizal fungi can provide. Mycorrihizal fungi actively absorb phosphorus, mobilising it from expansive soil surfaces into the plant. The fixed phosphorus that is built up in the soil and unavailable to the plant can only be actively released and absorbed by mycorrihizal fungi. The result is a significant saving in phosphorus fertilizer.

Additional information

color

Wake Up Your Plants with us
and grow your business.

X